Monday, March 7, 2011

Book 13: Twice Taken

Completed February 22nd


When I went to visit my parents, I forgot to bring more books with me, so I had to make due with what I had left there (mostly things I last read before high school). I was excited when I found this book because it was a favorite of mine from middle school. I remember reading the back cover and buying it at a book fair in 7th grade. It was so scandalous because there are maybe 5 cuss words scattered throughout it and I was impressed by that for some reason.

Minor spoilers in this paragraph:
The story is about a girl who sees herself on a TV program about missing persons. Her dad kidnapped her when she was younger and her mom had been searching for her. She reunites with her mom and her mom's new family, blah blah blah. I'm not really giving anything away here as all of this happens within the first chapter or so. The main story is about her reaction to her new life and adjustment.

At least I got plenty of enjoyment out of it back then because I'll probably never read it again. The writing is crap. Total crap. I know it's written for a younger audience, but I wanted to find the editor and shake him/her. I almost wish I hadn't reread it so I'd be able to remember this as one of the great American novels. Sadly, though, it's not.

Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment